About Motor Insurance
Vehicle insurance (also known as, GAP insurance, car insurance, or motor insurance) is insurance purchased for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles. Its primary use is to provide financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise there from the specific terms of vehicle insurance vary with legal regulations in each region. To a lesser degree vehicle insurance may additionally offer financial protection against theft of the vehicle and possibly damage to the vehicle, sustained from things other than traffic collisions.
There are different types of Auto Insurance in India :
Private Car Insurance – In the Auto Insurance in India, Private Car Insurance is the fastest growing sector as it is compulsory for all the new cars. The amount of premium depends on the make and value of the car, state where the car is registered and the year of manufacture.
Two Wheeler Insurance – The Two Wheeler Insurance under the Auto Insurance in India covers accidental insurance for the drivers of the vehicle. The amount of premium depends on the current showroom price multiplied by the depreciation rate fixed by the Tariff Advisory Committee at the time of the beginning of policy period.
Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Commercial Vehicle Insurance under the Auto Insurance in India provides cover for all the vehicles which are not used for personal purposes, like the Trucks and HMVs. The amount of premium depends on the showroom price of the vehicle at the commencement of the insurance period, make of the vehicle and the place of registration of the vehicle. The auto insurance generally includes:
- Loss or damage by accident, fire, lightning, self ignition, external explosion, burglary, housebreaking or theft, malicious act.
- Liability for third party injury/death, third party property and liability to paid driver
- On payment of appropriate additional premium, loss/damage to electrical/electronic accessories
The auto insurance does not include:
- Consequential loss, depreciation, mechanical and electrical breakdown, failure or breakage
- When vehicle is used outside the geographical area
- War or nuclear perils and drunken driving.
Request a Call Back
Public Sector Non-Life Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Comp. Ltd.
- The New India Assurance comp. Ltd.
- National Insurance Company
- The Oriental Insurance Company
- Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd.